Updated 26th Feb 2019
This privacy notice explains how Adam Young Golf will collect and process your personal data if you are a customer, or use this website.
We comply with the latest data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please note that we may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time and will post any changes here.
About Adam Young Golf
Adam Young golf provides online coaching plans to improve your golf game. In providing these services we process personal data and in doing so, we act as a data controller.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights. We can answer any questions you have regarding the data we store, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How we collect and process personal data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted to do so. The most common uses are where we need to perform a contract between us, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, or we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We collect the minimal personal data necessary for the provision of the products, services and communications listed below. We endeavor to keep this information accurate and up to date, only use it for the purpose for which it was provided and not keep it longer than is necessary.
There are seven main ways we may process the personal data you provide:
- To administer your account as a customer
(Necessary to perform a contract between us to supply you with products and services)
In order to provide our service effectively and ensure the best possible online coaching experience, your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. For example, so you can access your dashboard and coaching plans, get updates on the latest products that are part of your subscription, invoicing, leave product reviews and to keep a record for legal and accounting purposes.
- To inform you by email of service information about Adam Young Golf . For example, notification of planned maintenance to the website.
By law, for tax purposes, we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they cease being customers. This includes contact, identity, financial and transaction data.
- To send you marketing communications as a customer or prospective customer
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to be able to strengthen our business and continue to offer great golf coaching plans)
We classify you as a customer if you have registered for a free trial, taken a monthly, yearly or lifetime subscription, or purchased a product.
We classify you as a prospective customer if you have not yet registered as detailed above but have registered your interest in a future product.
We send all of our customer and prospective customers the following marketing communications:
- News and information on Adam Young Golf.
- Promotions and the latest related product offers.
- Promotion of products and services through Facebook, Google, Youtube Instagram advertising.
We would like our customer and prospective customers to enjoy these communications, so it is important to note that you can opt-out at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communications email.
- Contact us at email@example.com
We market to you whilst we have meaningful contact with you, this includes written and verbal communication, and where you click through from our marketing communications. If you are a prospective customer and there has been no meaningful contact for two years we will securely delete your information.
Cookies and IP addresses
Adam Young Golf uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number assigned to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to our websites.
Disclosure of personal data to 3rd parties
Other than to our own service providers, Adam Young Golf will not pass on your personal data to any other third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so or where there is immediate danger to your health.
We may pass on your personal data to service providers contracted to Adam Young Golf in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor on our behalf and are obliged under contract to keep your details securely, and only use them to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they dispose of the information.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
There are also procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and we will notify you and the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can do that by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form
Please note that you will need to provide proof of identity – passport, driving licence or birth certificate.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you may have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Adam Young Golf refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please contact email@example.com if you have complaints about how your data is held, and we will deal with it appropriately and as promptly as possible.